5 Best Practices for AVS
How AVS (Address Verification Service) can help you fight fraud and chargebacks.
No matter what industry you’re in, if your business regularly processes online transactions, AVS is an important piece of keeping you and your customers safe from fraud.
AVS is a widely used method of fraud prevention, and can even help minimize the risk of costly chargebacks. The automated system helps to verify a person’s identity when they’re not present at the time of transaction.
Learn how to make AVS work for you with these 5 best practices:
1. Always be sure your payment gateway has AVS – AVS is the first line of defense against fraud.
2. Don’t rely solely on the bank’s response codes – Use the codes along with your own discretion.
3. AVS does not prevent chargebacks or fraud – There are still ways for fraudsters to get around AVS.
4. “No match” codes are the best indicator of fraud – Know what steps to take when this occurs.
5. Implement different layers of protection – AVS is just one piece of fraud prevention.
Read the full post below!
Are you looking for a solution that can streamline the process of getting third party credit card authorizations safely and securely?
Sertifi eAuthorizations can help prove if a potential customer is legitimate, and can help defend against fraud and chargebacks. Sertifi helps our clients minimize the risk of fraud with AVS and CVV checks, and can help you fight chargebacks when they do occur.
“Sertifi authorizations logs everything. It can track what time they signed it. It can track what IP address their devise was on. So, it has those breadcrumbs to trace it back to the signer. And if they did not really authorize it then eAuthorize can help prove that. Without eAuthorize it’s hard to prove anything. And if there’s something I know about chargebacks, if it’s something you cannot prove, that’s an automatic loss for you.” – Raymond Manaois, CTO at Hotel Development & Management Group
Want to learn more about how Sertifi can help protect you from fraud? Contact us today!
About the Author
As the Content Marketing Specialist at Sertifi, Kelli loves writing and the power of words to tell stories. She assists the team with content creation and occasionally dabbles in design. Outside the office, you can find her reading, traveling (mostly to Michigan), and buying too much stuff on Amazon.