Accounts Receivable Specialist
Sertifi is the leader in Frictionless Business, with innovative solutions for modernizing the last mile of the sales process. Sertifi offers the fastest and most secure way to close business, from eSignatures to online payment capture. Thousands of companies around the world trust Sertifi to close more deals faster, recognize revenue quickly, enhance security and compliance, and go completely paperless.
We are seeking an Accounts Receivable Specialist to join our growing Finance team. We are looking for a highly motivated person, responsible for managing Accounts Receivables, as well as client billing, invoicing, and collections. If you enjoy taking ownership of the day-to-day accounting responsibilities and strive to grow your skill set in the Accounting realm, we’d love to hear from you.
Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Prepare and distribute client invoices on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Follow up with clients on past due invoices and collect payment
- Serve as the go-to person for account reconciliation and billing
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success teams to understand accounts and accelerate the collection process
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
- Proactively research any billing discrepancies and make necessary corrections, including processing cancellation requests, issuing credits, etc.
- Assist in month-end closing
- Establish rapport and build working relationships with our clients
- Assist with various data entry project as needed
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of accounting experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel and exposure to automated accounting software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers and management team
- Strong organizational skills with pristine attention to detail
- Working knowledge of billing and collections procedures
- Highly proactive and a self-starter
- Ability to work well with a team, but can manage their workload independently
- Experience with accounting software, preferably QuickBooks
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Interest/experience in the tech industry
What’s in it for you: You will work in a collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program, casual work environment, weekly team lunches, company outings, and a convenient River North location close to public transit.
To apply for this job please visit sertifi.applytojob.com.