Chief Financial Officer
Sertifi is the leader in Frictionless Business, with innovative solutions for modernizing the last mile of the sales process. Sertifi offers the fastest and most secure way to close business, from eSignatures to online payment capture. Thousands of companies around the world trust Sertifi to close more deals faster, recognize revenue quickly, enhance security and compliance, and go completely paperless.
We are currently seeking a CFO to help us scale and shape the future of Sertifi’s business strategy. This role will build and oversee the finance department and finance activities such as budgeting/forecasting, financial planning, accounting, capital efficiency, and act as a partner to business stakeholders. As our CFO, you will bring a data-driven mindset to execute our big-picture as well as day-to-day activities. This position will play a valued role on the executive team and report directly to our Founders in our downtown Chicago office.
Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Develop Sertifi’s strategic and tactical goals to operationalize the business for scale
- Implement and track critical business metrics including GMPP, tCAC, and RGP and develop strategy around these metrics
- Drive performance across the organization by communicating out metrics and progress to the entire team
- Develop and implement accounting processes around functions including AR, AP, and Procurement.
- Oversee and organize the work of the Finance team, promote a culture of high performance and continuous development
- Responsible for development and maintenance of monthly, quarterly and annual company operating budget; coach department leads to ensure spending is generating ROI
- Oversee balance sheet development and assist in raising or preserving capital through multiple channels including profitability, LOC, or PE
- Partner with People team to evaluate employee benefits, total rewards, compensation and company-wide hiring goals
- Responsible for managing and negotiating key business contracts
What You’ll Need to Succeed
- 15+ years of senior financial and/or operational experience, preferably within a SaaS organization
- BS or BA required, MBA and/or CPA strongly preferred
- Strong financial and accounting background; able to manage complex accounting issues, including those unique to a B2B SaaS business
- Treasury, audit, financial planning and analysis experience
- Exceptional communication and relationship building skills with ability to work closely with all internal and external stakeholders
- Strong “player-coach” who can build and develop strong teams and get into the weeds when necessary
- Strong analytical skills and data driven mindset
- High integrity with commitment and passion for the organization’s mission and core values
- Detail-oriented with exceptional organizational skills; you can execute multiple programs simultaneously while still focusing on the strategic direction
What’s in it for you:
You will work in a collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, life insurance, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program, casual work environment, weekly team lunches, company outings, and a convenient River North location close to public transit.
To apply for this job please visit sertifi.applytojob.com.