Communications and Social Media Intern
Sertifi is the leader in Frictionless Business, with innovative solutions for modernizing the last mile of the sales process. Sertifi offers the fastest and most secure way to close business, from eSignatures to online payment capture. Thousands of companies around the world trust Sertifi to close more deals faster, recognize revenue quickly, enhance security and compliance, and go completely paperless.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, curious, and motivated Communications and Social Media Intern to join our small but mighty Marketing team this summer. We’re looking for a candidate that has a strong interest in content marketing and social media and wants to learn more about the tech industry. You’ll have the opportunity to be actively involved in content creation and the management of our social media channels. Additionally, this role will provide you exposure to other areas of marketing including branding, event marketing, thought-leadership content, lead generation, and customer advocacy.
This is a full-time, paid 10-week summer internship, enabling you to gain real-life work experience and to better understand today’s ever-changing business world.
While some training will be provided, we are looking for someone with a positive attitude that can take initiative to gain the necessary skills. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Work alongside the Content Marketing Specialist in assisting with content creation and execution
- Brainstorm topic ideas for blog content, video, and sales and events collateral
- Assist in writing blog posts and creating sales collateral
- Help to maintain content and blog calendars
- Support with daily marketing administrative tasks as needed
- Plan weekly social media posts and maintain the social media calendar
- Write copy for posts on our social media platforms: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram
- Create visual content for social media posts using technology like Adobe Creative Suite or Canva
- Manage social media engagement through replies to comments
- Promote and curate content on social media
- Develop fun and creative ways to build our Facebook following
- Research new social media trends and best practices
- End of the internship project: create corporate social media policy and branding guidelines
What You’ll Need To Succeed
- Upcoming Juniors or Seniors who are studying Marketing, English (Creative Writing), Communications, Public Relations, Advertising, or related field
- Passion for writing and has a good understanding of how to use social media in business
- Hands-on experience using social media for brand awareness and thought-leadership, in school or in a prior internship
- Light graphic design experience (Canva or Adobe Creative Suite is a plus)
- Interested in learning more about the B2B technology space
- Strong written communication and creative skills
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Able to commute to Chicago
What’s in it for you
You will work in a collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, casual work environment, weekly team lunches, state of the art equipment, and a convenient River North location close to public transit.
To apply for this job please visit sertifi.applytojob.com.