Sertifi is the leader in Frictionless Business, with innovative solutions for modernizing the last mile of the sales process. Sertifi offers the fastest and most secure way to close business, from eSignatures to online payment capture. Thousands of companies around the world trust Sertifi to close more deals faster, recognize revenue quickly, enhance security and compliance, and go completely paperless.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Engineering Manager to lead our growing Development team. This person will be stepping into a highly functional team consisting of software architects, developers, and quality assurance analysts. You will manage the day-to-day execution, career development, and mentorship of the team, while fostering a supportive and collaborate environment where people are inspired to do their best work. While you might not be diving into the code base on a regular basis, you will have a technical background to understand the needs of our team. This position reports to our CTO in our downtown Chicago office.
Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Lead and inspire a high performing team of architects, developers and QA to deliver scalable and reliable technology solutions
- Manage the performance and career alignment of your team members, conducting regular 1:1s an formal reviews
- Collaborate with the Product team to set expectations on the product roadmap and manage releases
- Establish a deep understanding of our software platform to provide valuable coaching and mentoring
- Focus on employee retention by providing feedback, aligning career goals, and fostering the growth of each team member
- Forecast hiring needs and collaborate with the People team on job description creation, interviewing, and offer negotiation
- Ensure the quality and scalability of team deliverables by establishing best practices and processes for our software development lifecycle
- Work closely with departments including Product and DevOps to ensure alignment and consistent communication
- Assist in the prioritization of projects, ensuring resources are allocated appropriately
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Proven experience leading a Development team, preferably within a SaaS-based organization
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, Master’s degree in Business Administration, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to continuously deliver software on-time to multiple environments using Agile methodologies
- Proven success in building high-performing teams, including previous recruitment/hiring experience
- Strong communication skills and the ability to deliver prompt feedback as needed
What’s in it for you:
You will work in a collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, life insurance, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program, casual work environment, weekly team lunches, company outings, and a convenient River North location close to public transit.
To apply for this job please visit sertifi.applytojob.com.