Manager of Customer Support
The Manager of Customer Support is a great opportunity to make an immediate impact and use your experience to build a successful support organization. You will be responsible for leading the day-to-day operations of the customer support team, building out 24/7 international support with both internal and outsourced teams, and driving an extraordinary customer experience.
The ideal candidate has experience leading a technical customer support team, solving for operational issues, a high degree of emotional intelligence, and is willing to roll-up their sleeves to perform front-line, daily support when necessary.
Due to the circumstances of COVID-19, Sertifi has shifted to working remotely at this time. We will interview, onboard, and operate as a remote team until further notice. As it is deemed safe to return to the office, we will consider a hybrid approach to WFH and In-Office work.
Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Lead the Customer Support function and assist in building out the team, both internally and with third-party support for international & off-hours coverage
- Implement and track key support metrics such as productivity, CSAT, and resolution time
- Develop processes for customer support issues and determine the quickest, most effective way to answer a customer’s questions
- Manage team members, own scheduling, set expectations, perform 1:1s, provide ongoing feedback, and coach team members to hit goals
- Work directly with customers and partners to identify, prioritize, and solve problems based on their unique use cases
- Build escalation procedures for resolving support tickets and serve as the top level before escalating outside of the team.
- Review and manage escalations to level 3 support and other internal teams and own customer issues through to completion
- Work closely with our partners to investigate and solve payment issues
- Build in customer services projects to the support team responsibilities
- Promote a culture of high performance, accuracy, and timeliness using a customer-first approach
- Act as our customer voice and make recommendations to Product and Technology teams around feature requests
- Assist in team budgeting and determining hiring needs
- Establish high level of personal credibility and build strong relationships to improve customer satisfaction and trust in the support team
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in technical Customer Support in the B2B Saas industry required
- 2+ years leading a support team required
- Ability to manage direct reports, including conducting 1:1s, providing coaching and feedback, and managing performance expectations
- Previous experience creating and documenting SOPs to make team more efficient
- Highly passionate about the customer experience and quality of support resolution
- Ability to perform front-line, daily support to our customers with a focus on both quality and efficiency
- Ability to hire and successfully onboard new employees to the team
- Ability to build relationships and motivate team members to drive results
- Strong problem resolution and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, meet SLAs, and prioritize projects
- Experience with global support solutions or working with third party support a plus
- Exposure to support ticketing system, preferably Zendesk
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills with internal team members and customers
Nice To Have:
- Experience with APIs a plus
- Experience with payment processing a plus
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience with Adobe Acrobat Pro and MS Office
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, use computer, phone, cell phone and other office/home office equipment/technology. Must be able speak, see and hear. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of the time.
What’s in it for you:
You will work in a brand-new collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. You can expect to have dedicated head down coding time along with time set aside each month to work on your own Innovation projects. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, life insurance, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program.
Sertifi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sertifi is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. All individuals seeking employment at Sertifi are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit sertifi.applytojob.com.