Sertifi is looking for a passionate Product Owner to assist in the growth of the Sertifi brand. You will join a small, focused team that delivers new products, features, and experiences for our customers.
This position works closely between the Development and Customer Success teams to define the vision for our product based on client feedback.
Our ideal candidate will have an analytical mindset to strategically prioritize features and define a roadmap based on this data. This is an opportunity to take ownership over critical features and drive innovation at Sertifi.
Due to the circumstances of COVID-19, Sertifi has shifted to working remotely at this time. We will interview, onboard, and operate as a remote team until further notice. As it is deemed safe to return to the office, we will consider a hybrid approach to WFH and In-Office work.
Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Define a roadmap that displays the timeline and future capability of the product
- Gain insight from our clients on newly suggested features, evaluating feasibility and timeline for implementation
- Create user stories that clearly communicate the functionality of the feature to our Development team
- Manage the backlog to prioritize features and bug fixes and determine focus for the next sprint
- Utilize data analytics to understand the usage of each feature
- Lead sprint planning and retrospectives, and participate in daily stand up meetings
- Collaborate with leadership team to define the strategic vision for the product
- Understand our company goals to ensure product functionality aligns with Sertifi’s long-term plan
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Technical, or similar from a four year accredited College/University is required
- 5+ years of Product or Project Management experience ideally within a SaaS organization, including creating user stories and product roadmap
- Hospitality industry experience is a plus
- Strong interest in data analytics including experience utilizing Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to clearly relay information to clients and internal team members
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum project management environment
- Prior exposure to JIRA, Confluence, and Balsamiq Wireframes preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, small team environment
- Ability to work cross functionally with other parts of the company and with external partners and customers. Special assignments, projects, or tasks may be assigned from time to time based on company or departmental needs.
- Passionate about technology, innovation, and constant improvement
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and manage time appropriately
- Be organized, timely, responsive, and proactive
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, use computer, phone, cell phone and other office/home office equipment/technology. Must be able speak, see and hear. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of the time.
What’s in it for you:
You will work in a brand-new collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. You can expect to have dedicated head down coding time along with time set aside each month to work on your own Innovation projects. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, life insurance, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program.
Sertifi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sertifi is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. All individuals seeking employment at Sertifi are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.