QA Automation Engineer
Sertifi is the leader in Frictionless Business, with innovative solutions for modernizing the last mile of the sales process. Sertifi offers the fastest and most secure way to close business, from eSignatures to online payment capture. Thousands of companies around the world trust Sertifi to close more deals faster, recognize revenue quickly, enhance security and compliance, and go completely paperless.
We are looking for an experienced QA Automation Engineer with a passion for improving the experience of our large-scale SaaS web application. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is capable of writing advanced automated tests, while demonstrating accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail. Candidates need to have prior testing and development background, with solid experience in developing and maintaining test automation.
You will work closely with QA, Development and Product teams to build upon and improve the existing functional aspect of the testing efforts. This is an opportunity to immediately contribute and see results of your work in use by millions of users across the globe. This position reports to our Engineering Manager in our downtown Chicago office.
Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Write and develop automation test cases on our existing framework
- Implement and document best practices for QA Automation
- Collaborate closely with the development group to promote software quality standards
- Ensure that every phase and feature of the solution is tested and that any potential issue is identified and fixed before the product goes live
- Work with Product and Development teams to extract test scenarios from business requirements and replicate customer issues and application use cases
- Creatively solve technical problems to ensure the ability to translate technical requirements/test plans
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline with 2 years of test automation experience developing and executing end-to-end tests for complex systems
- Proficiency with OOP languages such as Python, familiarity with C# or Angular
- Ability to create scripts beyond record and playback using specifically developed functions, adding control flow logic, and data structures
- Solid understanding of web application design and debugging skills
- You will need to be familiar with accessing data sources (Databases, Web Services, Program APIs) and can leverage other technologies for deeper, more stable, and faster testing process.
- Experience utilizing distributed source control such as Bitbucket or exposure to Git or Mercurial would be beneficial
- Develop, document and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like test data and data validation and test results.
- Work in an Agile methodology environment where innovation, teamwork and creativity are the key for success
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and prioritize projects
- Experience with any of the following is a plus: Salesforce, Selenium, Robot Framework, Browserstack, SOAP and REST API testing, JIRA, QTest. Prior experience using SQL to validate test results would be preferred
- Exposure to cloud platforms as well as build and deployment automation (CI/CD pipelines) preferred
What’s in it for you:
You will work in a collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program, casual work environment, weekly team lunches, company outings, and a convenient River North location close to public transit.
To apply for this job please visit sertifi.applytojob.com.