Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a talented and highly motivated Senior Software Engineer with a system engineering and software architecture background to join our Platform & Architecture scrum team.
This is a high visibility and high impact position with responsibility to all our critical business operations. You will be responsible for the design, architecture, implementation, and support of new Engineering implementations to maintain the Sertifi Agreement Platform.
You will work cross-functionally with up to six other scrum teams to solve problems and improve our products and services. This position reports to our Director of Engineering in our downtown Chicago office.
This position will report to our Director of Engineering.
Due to the circumstances of COVID-19, Sertifi has shifted to working remotely at this time. We will interview, onboard, and operate as a remote team until further notice. As it is deemed safe to return to the office, we will consider a hybrid approach to WFH and In-Office work.
Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Develop a deep understanding of the relevant business areas and various components in the stack
- Take ownership of software architecture, build, and scale of business-critical services
- Develop integration strategies, code, and implement new microservices
- As Sertifi continues to grow and evolve we need you to be flexible in your role and from time to time you may be asked to participate in an on-call out of hours Support rotation.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of experience working on large scale web applications
- Expert in .NET based technologies and ecosystem – .NET Framework through 4.5, WebAPI, ASP.NET MVC
- Web service consumption and design experience
- Understanding of data layer concerns and working knowledge of SQL
- Experience with message bus/distributed systems
- Experience with Cloud infrastructure or platform as a service tools.
- Competencies in data structures, design patterns, algorithms, and SOLID Principles
Nice To Have:
- Experience with Mercurial or Git
- Experience with SSO flows and SAML
- Experience with eCommerce payments or PDF parsing and manipulation
- Experience in front end technologies; Angular 4+ and Typescript
- Experience working on SaaS products
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, use computer, phone, cell phone and other office/home office equipment/technology. Must be able speak, see and hear. Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of the time.
What’s in it for you:
You will work in a brand-new collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. You can expect to have dedicated head down coding time along with time set aside each month to work on your own Innovation projects. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, life insurance, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program.
Sertifi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sertifi is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. All individuals seeking employment at Sertifi are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit sertifi.applytojob.com.