Sertifi is the leader in Frictionless Business, with innovative solutions for modernizing the last mile of the sales process. Sertifi offers the fastest and most secure way to close business, from eSignatures to online payment capture. Thousands of companies around the world trust Sertifi to close more deals faster, recognize revenue quickly, enhance security and compliance, and go completely paperless.
We are seeking a Staff Accountant to join our growing finance team. We’re looking for a highly motivated person who will play an integral role on our accounting processes and operational efficiency. This person will primarily be responsible for managing Accounts Receivables for the first few months as you become familiar with our systems and clients. From there, you’ll have the ability to take on other aspects of accounting including client billing, invoicing, accounts payable, and other various projects.
If you enjoy taking ownership of the day-to-day accounting responsibilities and strive to grow your skill set in the Accounting realm, we’d love to hear from you.
First 6 – 12 months:
- Prepare and distribute client invoices on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis
- Follow up with clients on past due invoices and collect payment
- Serve as the go-to person for account reconciliation and billing
- Collaborate with Sales and Customer Success teams to understand accounts and accelerate the collection process
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Post customer payments by recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
If you’ve mastered these responsibilities, you’ll have the opportunity to take on additional challenges including:
- Develop and maintain all financial processes to locate efficiencies
- Reconcile the balance sheet including cash, a/r, accruals, expenses, and fixed assets
- Review general ledger to ensure transactions are accurately recorded
- Manage invoicing and accounts payable
- Assist in month-end closing
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of accounting experience preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel and exposure to automated accounting software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with customers and management team
- Strong organizational skills with pristine attention to detail
- Working knowledge of billing and collections procedures
- Highly proactive and a self-starter
- Ability to work well with a team, but can manage their workload independently
- Experience with accounting software, preferably QuickBooks
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Interest/experience in the tech industry
What’s in it for you: You will work in a collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, health/dental/vision insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program, casual work environment, weekly team lunches, company outings, and a convenient River North location close to public transit.
To apply for this job please visit sertifi.applytojob.com.