Sertifi is looking for a talented Support Engineer to join our growing Engineering team. This role works closely between our Customer Success, Product, Engineering, DevOps, and Quality Assurance teams to provide support for our Sertifi Agreement Platform (large-scale SaaS web application). Our ideal candidate is expected to investigate customer issues to figure out why something isn’t working as designed and collaborate with internal teams to find solutions. This position reports to our Engineering Manager in our downtown Chicago office.
Due to the circumstances of COVID-19, Sertifi has shifted to working remotely at this time. We will interview, onboard, and operate as a remote team until further notice. As it is deemed safe to return to the office, we will consider a hybrid approach to WFH and In-Office work.
Challenges You’ll Tackle:
- Work with cross-functional Engineering and Customer Support teams to investigate and resolve issues in an ASP.NET based web application.
- Build internal applications to assist with recurring tasks such as usage reporting, large scale customer set-up for new features, or finding issues with third party services.
- As a self-starter you will need the ability to write SQL queries for data requests and for general issue investigation daily along with an aptitude to search and analyze logs to investigate the origins of issues.
- Maintain existing documentation and create new internal documentation for new processes or issue resolutions.
- Collaborate with Development, Customer Success, Product, and Quality Assurance teams to get full perspective surrounding an issue.
- Utilize JIRA for internal case tracking, updating the cases to ensure proper documentation.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or 6-8+ years of experience in lieu of education.
- 4-6 years of experience in Tier 3 support or Software Development in a SaaS environment.
- Software Development skills including knowledge of OOP languages including but not limited to: C#, .NET and HTML.
- Exposure to Angular 8 is a huge plus
- Working knowledge of SQL and comfortable writing complex queries.
- Exposure to SOAP and REST API testing (Postman and Ready API) would be a bonus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to collaborate across internal teams.
- Client focused attitude with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and effectively prioritize tasks.
- Exposure to Oracle Opera PMS or Datadog is a huge plus
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, use computer, phone, cell phone and other office/home office equipment/technology.
Must be able speak, see, and hear.
Must be able to remain in a stationary position for prolonged periods of the time.
What’s in it for you:
You will work in a brand-new collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. You can expect to have dedicated head down troubleshooting and coding time along with time set aside each month to work on your own Innovation projects. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, life insurance.
Sertifi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sertifi is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. All individuals seeking employment at Sertifi are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit sertifi.applytojob.com.