Business Development Representative
The Business Development Representative (BDR) is responsible for prospecting to meet sales goals by developing new relationships and enhancing existing customer relationships. Maintains a thorough working knowledge of product to appropriately present to broad prospects and customer base. The BDR will partner with a Strategic Account Executive to further penetrate a defined territory, vertical, and/or list of assigned accounts, and to identify revenue-generating opportunities as well as ensure customer satisfaction. This position will be seen as their assigned customers “main point of contact” and is expected to know the day to day happenings within the account. The BDR will be responsible for closing opportunities and facilitating proposals and sales orders in conjunction with the finance team if required. It is important that the BDR has strong internal relationships throughout the Sertifi organization.
Challenges You’ll Tackle
- Drive sales growth and help build the pipeline by engaging potential customers and setting up qualified demo’s
- Initiate communication and identify key decision-makers through a mix of research, cold calling, and emailing
- Work closely with Account Executive team to prospect, qualify and develop accounts
- Follow up with leads from trade shows, webinars, website, etc.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to send relevant sales materials and resources to prospective customers
- Maintain accurate records of all sales activity in Salesforce.com
- Conduct effective and professional business discovery calls to determine if there is a potential fit
- Attend interactive weekly meetings with sales team to discuss the pipeline and brainstorm new ideas for growth
- Consistently meet or exceed weekly and monthly goals for qualified opportunities and closed business
- Build and maintain a healthy pipeline to meet individual annual sales quota and MRR goals
- Create new opportunities via prospecting, following up on assigned leads as well as incoming requests from customer/other departments for sales opportunities
- Work closely with designated Account Executive on target accounts
- Attend interactive weekly meetings with the Sales team to discuss the pipeline and brainstorm new ideas for growth
- Travel to target accounts and tradeshows to interact with customers as needed
- Other duties as assigned
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s Degree or proven record of success in Account Management is required
- 1+ years of quota-carrying experience in B2B software sales as an individual contributor
- Proven track record of high performance and exceeding quota
- Prior experience selling to enterprise clients, including C-level, Finance, and Operations professionals
- The successful candidate must have strong sales and customer service skills and exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, negotiating and closing skills
- Able to take initiative and work well independently or as part of a team
- Comfortable cold-calling and prospecting as needed
- Experience demoing and presenting software technology
- Strong technical skills, including Salesforce.com, GoToMeeting, and Office 365
- High energy, self-motivated, and ambitious personality
- Represent Sertifi in a positive and professional way in all interactions
- The ability to build professional trust and respect.
- Proven record of sound judgment.
- The ability to balance client needs with business demands and development
- Preferred qualifications include knowledge of Sertifi applications and services.
- The ability to work across departmental lines, and to establish clear and common objectives, is critical.
- The ability to assess client needs and articulate attainable solutions is essential
- Excellent communication skills, organizational skills and integrity
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Who you will report to
This position reports to Sales Management
What’s in it for you
You will work in a collaborative office environment that welcomes new ideas and allows you to make an immediate impact on the team. Additionally, we offer great benefits such as: competitive salary, medical/dental/vision insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance, 401k with company match, paid parental leave, life insurance, pre-tax Transit Benefit Program, casual work environment, weekly team lunches, company outings, and a convenient River North location close to public transit.
Sertifi is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Sertifi is committed to building a diverse team of talented individuals who bring different perspectives to the business and who feel a sense of inclusion and belonging when they join our team. All individuals seeking employment at Sertifi are considered without regards to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law.
To apply for this job please visit 20180109183629_q3hxxdewmfuycxin.applytojob.com.