"The adoption of Sertifi's payment solution saves our teams more than half of the time that is traditionally spent requesting, following up, processing a card, and providing a receipt for advanced deposit requests."
TIM DEBRUIN, CORPORATE DIRECTOR OF CATERING
Since 1974, Davidson Hospitality Group has set a high bar for delivering “one-of-a-kind guest experiences and industry-leading service.” Its four specialized operating verticals — Davidson Hotels, Pivot, Davidson Resorts, and Davidson Restaurant Group — operate some of the most iconic properties in the U.S.
When Davidson needed an e-signature, payment, and authorization solution, it sought a partner that reflected the hospitality company’s core values of unique experiences and exceptional service.
Tim Debruin, Corporate Director of Catering at Davidson Hospitality Group, responsible for the success of event sales and planning across a diverse range of hotel locations, notes that Davidson’s challenges included long sales agreement and signature request turnaround times and the desire of its clients for a more convenient method of signing documents to avoid printing, signing, scanning, and emailing — a desire that aligned with Davidson’s Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) initiatives.
Davidson also sought to maximize PCI compliance when collecting credit card authorization forms, to maximize security and convenience for clients when collecting advance deposits, and to minimize the time needed by property teams to request, track, and process advance deposits. In addition, reducing the number of communications necessary to fully execute a booking and reducing declined credit cards when performing advance deposit charges were essential to both operational efficiency and guest satisfaction.
Debruin reports that implementing Sertifi solutions has brought a range of efficiencies that are aligned with Davidson’s core values, including its ESG initiatives. Here are some of the team's favorite features and benefits:
Sertifi for Credit Card Authorizations
- Creates a PCI-compliant method of collecting credit card authorization forms using an extremely friendly user interface for client and staff
- The paperless solution eliminates the power needed to print and scan documents related to a credit card authorization request
Sertifi for e-Signatures
- Provides the convenient signature solution that clients are looking for
- Reduces time between signature request and receipt of signature on average by 60 percent
- Ease of obtaining countersignatures with auto-routing feature that ultimately delivers a fully countersigned document to all designated parties
- Eliminates electricity needed to print and scan documents related to a signature request
Sertifi for Payments
- Creates a PCI compliant method of collecting advance deposits
- Virtually eliminates declined credit cards used for advance deposits, saving time and money
- Creates a convenient place to track all deposit requests, deposits received, and delinquent deposits
- Provides the ability to set up an entire deposit schedule in a single user session and notify the client automatically of an upcoming deposit within predetermined time periods prior to due date
- Automatically contacts the client with a reminder prior to the next deposit being due, which minimizes the time hotel/resort personnel need to spend on this task
- Ability to auto-copy designated persons, such as finance and sales managers, on completed transactions
- Eliminates electricity needed to print and scan documents related to a deposit request
Debruin says, “The adoption of Sertifi’s payment solution saves our teams more than half of the time that is traditionally spent requesting, following up, processing a card, and providing a receipt for advanced deposit requests. The combined payment and e-signature capabilities allow us to send a client a single request that can be executed in minutes on the client’s smartphone, tablet, or Mac/PC.”
Davidson streamlined their contract, payment, and authorization workflow with Sertifi. The results?
- The ability to close business in hours instead of days
- Greater ease in meeting PCI compliance
- A faster, easier client experience
- Support of their ESG initiative by eliminating the need for paper to collect e-signatures, deposits, and authorizations